Peri Shawn, author of Sell More With Sales Coaching: Practical Solutions for Your Everyday Sales Challenges
Peri Shawn and Bill Ringle discuss common challenges and straightforward solutions to sales performance problems for small business leaders and sales managers in particular.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- The salesperson is most likely to listen and change their behaviors if they feel they have been part of the process, not just told what to do.
- Determining your effectiveness as a coach shows in how well your sales team’s skills improve as a result of your coaching.
- Coaching sales performance is most effective when it is based on specific, behavioral and observable performance.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Peri shares that her father taught her to engage in other people what’s important to them and being economical. [1:38]
- Peri mentions the impact of having a sense of responsibility that she learned from her father. [5:12]
- Peri emphasizes that the book is specifically written for sales managers and teams. [7:18]
- Peri draws attention to the process of how she evaluated a BPO client and helped them improve their sales margins. [10:23]
- Peri identifies that once you get beyond four sentences you can lose the clients. [11:57]
- Peri reveals the importance of the neuroscience of buying. [12:18]
- Peri underlines effective communication to develop emotional engagement for sales. [16:13]
- Peri emphasizes poor communication skills can destroy trust for a sales prospect. [18:20]
- Peri denotes sales managers should coach reality not theory. [24:15]
- My Quest for the best lightning round [25:09]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Peri Shawn is the award-winning author of the book Sell More with Sales Coaching.
Peri teaches and coaches sales VPs and their teams how to coach, increase sales and improve the client experience. She leverages the neuroscience of leadership and buying to help businesses grow.
Contact Info and Social Media for Peri Shawn
- Web address: https://www.coachingandsalesinstitute.com/
- Travels from: Woodbridge, Ontario
- Connect on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram