Peri Shawn, author of Sell More With Sales Coaching: Practical Solutions for Your Everyday Sales Challenges
Peri Shawn and Bill Ringle discuss common challenges and straightforward solutions to sales performance problems for small business leaders and sales managers in particular.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- The salesperson is most likely to listen and change their behaviors if they feel they have been part of the process, not just told what to do.
- Determining your effectiveness as a coach shows how well your sales team’s skills improve as a result of your coaching.
- Coaching sales performance is most effective when it is based on specific, behavioral and observable performance.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Peri shares that her father taught her to engage in other people what’s important to them and being economical. [1:38]
- Peri mentions the impact of having a sense of responsibility that she learned from her father. [5:12]
- Peri emphasizes that the book is specifically written for sales managers and teams. [7:18]
- Peri draws attention to the process of how she evaluated a BPO client and helped them improve their sales margins. [10:23]
- Peri identifies that once you get beyond four sentences you can lose the clients. [11:57]
- Peri reveals the importance of the neuroscience of buying. [12:18]
- Peri underlines effective communication to develop emotional engagement for sales. [16:13]
- Peri emphasizes poor communication skills can destroy trust for a sales prospect. [18:20]
- Peri denotes sales managers should coach reality not theory. [24:15]
- My Quest for the best lightning round [25:09]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Peri Shawn is the award-winning author of the book Sell More with Sales Coaching.
You may have read some of her articles in SellingPower, Salesforce.com, Entrepreneur, Sales and Marketing Management Magazine, Inc., National Post, and Forbes.
Peri teaches and coaches sales VPs and their teams how to coach, increase sales and improve the client experience. She leverages the neuroscience of leadership and buying to help businesses grow.
Her company, the Coaching and Sales Institute, has worked with such teams as KPMG, GE, Hallmark, AT&T, Direct Energy, Bell, the Royal Bank of Canada and Rogers.
Contact Info and Social Media for Peri Shawn
- Primary Website
- Travels from: Woodbridge, Ontario
- Connect on Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.