Brian Margolis, author of The Index Card Business Plan For Sales Pros and Entrepreneurs: How to Use the Pillar System to Simplify Your Strategy and Magnify Your Results
Brian Margolis and Bill Ringle discuss the keys to identifying your most important goals and organizing them into simple, easy-to-take action steps for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- The Pillar System uses the concept of focus management to help you develop a simple business strategy to achieve your goals, one that can fit on an index card.
- Being good at something doesn’t guarantee success. You must have a strategy.
- Channel your existing skills into an actual strategy, and help you synthesize your existing knowledge.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- TV adventurer Jacques Cousteau inspired Brian to be marine science and have a growth mindset. [1:10]
- His goal is to teach people that there’s a better way to operate. [3:55]
- The basic premise that a pillar system can simplify your business processes. [5:20]
- Brian figured out the pillar system by reverse engineering processes. [7:01]
- A common mistake in the pillar system. [8:29]
- The 6 pillars of the system. [11:20]
- 90% or more of people are naturally reactive and with a mindset of reacting to working more hours. [16:55]
- The Pillar system can be a useful and customizable framework. [21:33]
- Tim Ferriss says ‘being busy is a form of laziness.’ [23:58]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [25:40]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Brian Margolis is a former environmental scientist turned entrepreneur. He graduated as a Marine Biologist from Stockton University and was a Research Scientist for the State of New Jersey for four years. After this, he established his business, KX Enterprises LLC, which is the business side of Productivity Giant and invests and partners in businesses and projects in the for-profit and non-profit sectors. His clients range from individual sales reps to Shark Tank entrepreneurs and Fortune 500 companies. He shares the strategies he’s used for years to turn multiple wholesalers into top earners. He does this with training on running an intentional wholesaling business, turning value-add resources into sales, and writing emails that advisors respond to.
He is the author of the book “The Index Card Business Plan for Sales Pros and Entrepreneurs: How to Use the Pillar System to Simplify Your Strategy and Magnify Your Results.” His system to help entrepreneurs, sales pros and other results-based professionals run a simple, the more lucrative business has helped create 7 figure earners and is licensed by some of the largest companies in the world to train their sales teams. You can often hear Brian interviewed in some of the top sales and business podcasts in the world.
He currently resides in South Jersey with his wife, twin daughters, and an assortment of large and small pets.
Contact Info for Brian Margolis
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.
- Web address: http://www.productivitygiant.com/
- Travels from: Voorhees, New Jersey
- Connect on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Connect on Facebook