Jeff Haden, author of The Motivation Myth: How High Achievers Really Set Themselves Up to Win
Jeff Haden and Bill Ringle discuss the practical implications of The Motivation Myth for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Success is repeatable and predictable. It’s about doing the right things diligently, the right way, over and over.
- When you consistently do the right things, success is predictable, even inevitable.
- There are no shortcuts, but there are many ways to make the process fun.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Jeff’s grandfather inspired him to do the hard work. Going the extra mile leads to success. [1:15]
- You can find some shortcuts to success on the preparation side, which also involves hard work. [5:22]
- Bill Gates asks two questions insights: “who’s dealt with this problem well?” and “what can we learn from them?” [8:06]
- Model someone who has done what you want to do because they are more aware of the fundamentals that matter. [11:50]
- Opportunities for people who work from home to shine even through the pandemic. [16:49]
- Feedback versus advice – and a better way to ask for constructive advice. [19:20]
- Ask a clarifying question that allows the other person to realize that you really listened. [21:31]
- Jeff shares his experience with Inc Magazine and his writing best practices. [25:46]
- Jeff says that less is more when it comes to willpower. [29:35]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [34:01]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Jeff Haden is a speaker, a ghostwriter, a LinkedIn Influencer, a contributing editor for Inc. Magazine, and the author of The Motivation Myth. He is one of the most-read Inc. columnists with approximately 2.5 million readers per month.
He had also ghostwritten over sixty non-fiction books, including seven Amazon category #1s. Along with thousands of columns, articles, presentations, speeches, eulogies. Otherwise, he’s an over-the-hill motorcycle racer and fitness enthusiast of minimal repute.
Contact Info and Social Media for Jeff Haden
Resources Mentioned During the Interview