Lisa McLeod, author of Selling with Noble Purpose: How to Drive Revenue and Do Work That Makes You Proud
Lisa McLeod and Bill Ringle discuss how finding and sharing your purpose allows your people to tap additional energy, creativity, and determination to succeed.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- The real purpose of an organization is to improve life for customers.
- The current crisis is revealing the stark difference between true customer intimacy and purely transactional intimacy.
- When you understand who your customer is beyond their buying habits, when you have a deep understanding of their root challenges, and your team reflects that reality, you can innovate more quickly and create more compelling offerings.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Lisa shares how her dad, who loved his job at the FDIC, taught Lisa to connect the dots between the work we do and the impact it makes in the world. [01:19]
- The false dichotomy of making a living and making a difference. [03:46]
- A research project was the origin of selling with noble purpose. [06:02]
- What fuels Lisa’s drive to serve while considering solving other people’s problems. [09:12]
- Doug Williams, CEO of Atlantic Capitol, embraced a noble purpose and rose to national recognition. [18:11]
- Lisa shares that strategies on how to drive revenue and customer satisfaction. [21:09]
- Lisa talks about her an example of a company manager who used the pandemic conditions to embrace a larger purpose. [26:14]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins. [33:12]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Leaders at organizations like LinkedIn, Kaiser Permanente, PACCAR, Roche and Salesforce work with Lisa and her team to increase competitive differentiation and emotional engagement. She is an Executive Advisor and powerful speaker has keynoted in 25 countries and authored 5 books.
Lisa’s firm, McLeod & More, provides training and consulting, live and virtually for organizations around the world. Their Noble Purpose is to help leaders drive revenue and do work that makes them proud. Their team has been featured in Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, and NPR.
Lisa’s newest book, Leading with Noble Purpose: How to Create a Tribe of True Believers has been called “a breakthrough message to help leaders how to win the hearts and minds of their teams and customers.”
Contact Info for Lisa McLeod
Web address: https://www.mcleodandmore.com/
Travels from: Greensboro, Georgia