Neal Schaffer, author of The Age of Influence
Neal Schaffer and Bill Ringle discuss advanced strategies and tactics for social media and influencer marketing techniques for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Many marketers and their clients are still catching up with the importance and benefits of influencer marketing.
- Influencers provide great content for your brand with little effort on your part – their content is created in the influencer’s unique style, allowing their audience to see your brand in a fresh light.
- People tend to engage heavily with influencer content because the influencer is often someone just like them or someone they aspire to be.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Neal shared how he was influenced by his father who’s an educator. [1:35]
- Neal walks us through his experience when he applies his fathers’ teachings on entrepreneurialism, taking initiative, content creation. [2:45]
- Neal talks about influencer marketing, its benefits, and how it works. [6:06]
- Neal discusses how a B2B company developed content through influencer marketing. [12:01]
- Neal explains how to make use of a webinar as a content solution. [14:34]
- Neal talks about the mindset “Social media is first and foremost a platform for people and not brands.” [18:59]
- Neal discusses a case study of a company named Intuit-QuickBooks. [23:28]
- Neal answers the question of what are the risks and opportunities of influencer marketing. [25:08]
- Neal converse about employee advocacy. [25:14]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [32:37]
Neal Schaffer is a leading authority on helping businesses through their digital transformation of sales and marketing through consulting, training, and development and execution of social media marketing strategy, influencer marketing, and social selling initiatives.
Chief Fractional CMO of the digital marketing agency PDCA Social, Neal also teaches digital media to executives at Rutgers University, the Irish Management Institute in Ireland, and the University of Jyvaskyla in Finland. Fluent in Japanese and Mandarin Chinese, Neal is a popular keynote speaker and has been invited to speak about digital media on four continents in more than a dozen countries.
He is also the author of 4 books on social media, including Maximize Your Social (Wiley) and the recently published The Age of Influence (HarperCollins Leadership), the definitive data-driven playbook for influencer marketing that marketers have been waiting for.
Check out his Maximize Your Social Influence podcast for weekly marketing inspiration.
Contact Info for Neal Schaffer
Travels from: Irvine, CA