Sarah Elkins, author of Your Stories Don’t Define You, How You Tell Them Will
Sarah Elkins and Bill Ringle discuss the structure and application of storytelling (through stories, of course!) for small business leaders and managers.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- When you share the right personal story at the right time and with the right audience, you connect more authentically and open the door for a real positive impact.
- Whether you’re sharing personal stories or business stories, the stories you share and how you share them to shape your identity and have the power to bring out the stories of others.
- Your stories are the way you experience everyday moments, your thoughts, your emotions, the actions you take.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Sarah shares how her grandmother, a multilingual teacher, inspired her to make a positive impact. [1:19]
- Sarah found confidence through her grandmother’s example. [02:14]
- Sarah talks about the benefit of looking back at your ‘Rock Star’ moments. [05:49]
- Sarah discusses her view on how to identify with qualities we identify ourselves or aspire to. [09:58]
- How to answer the interview question: “Tell me about yourself.” [13:54]
- Sarah speaks about a story portfolio of one of your seminar attendees. [15:14]
- Sarah talks about “The 10-Year Video” frame. [19:12]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins. [26:50]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Sarah is a communication coach, Gallup certified StrengthsFinder coach, keynote speaker, author, and professional musician. Her podcast and book, Your Stories Don’t Define You, How You Tell Them Will, help listeners and readers understand that the stories they choose to tell, and how they choose to tell them, impact their internal messages and the perceptions of the people around them.
Sarah loves to work with remote teams and leaders to ensure their relationships are based on knowing & valuing each other’s strengths. She knows that the key to satisfaction and happiness in life is healthy relationships, and the keys to healthy relationships are self-reflection and communication.
Her ultimate goal is to help bring self-reflection and positive intention to the workforce in her work as a communication and public speaking coach, and as a keynote speaker.
Contact Info for Sarah Elkins
Web address: http://elkinsconsulting.com/
Travels from: Helena, Montana