Alex Goldfayn is the author of 5 Minute Selling: The Proven, Simple System That Can Double Your Sales … Even When You Don’t Have Time.
Alex Goldfayn and Bill Ringle discuss the four pillars of effective sales and some of the key reasons that business development and sales people overcomplicate and add inefficiencies into the process, and what you can do about it to improve your sales quickly.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- Selling more, and doing so quickly, is a function of thinking the right way – confidently, boldly, optimistically – and then communicating your optimism systematically to your customers and prospects.
- Fast sales growth is a function of mindset change and a system of simple behaviors.
- Call customers and prospects proactively, when you don’t need anything urgently, to see what they are working on and what you can help with.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Alex shared how his father, who trained as an electrical engineer and immigrated to the United States and to work as a janitor and restaurant dishwasher while learning English before advancing, taught him two key lessons: the value of perseverance and how education unlocks opportunities. [1:30]
- Alex discusses the distinctions between marketing and sales. [4:10]
- What activities occur in marketing vs. sales, so you know when to change your response. [5:15]
- One of the keys to effective selling it to make contact with your prospects and buyers regularly, and Alex explains how giving speeches and talks plays this role in his business. [9:20]
- Alex shares his sales strategies. [10:09]
- The 4 pillars of effective sales: brief but vital routines, a positive, proactive mindset, tactical scripting, and tracking that leads to accountability and momentum. [11:41]
- One of the biggest objections (source of resistance) to learning a new sales system comes from the mesh of experience and expectations of having experienced sales people put what they are doing in writing and visible to others. [12:28]
- A success story in implementing the 5-Minute Sales processes and how quickly momentum changes with confidence, good energy, and simple, an effective system. Opportunities must be recorded to be effectively tracked. [12:40]
- Alex discusses his consulting sales projects. [15:38]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins. [19:01]
Alex is the CEO of the Evangelist Marketing Institute and works with leaders of small and midsized businesses to improve sales measurably, even if you are in a “mature” industry such as distribution and manufacturing.
Client revenues range between $20 million and $2 billion and are almost always multi-generational family businesses. His client list includes companies such as Cisco, Logitech, Lenovo, T-Mobile, Activar, Milwaukee Valve, Columbia Pipe and WinSupply.
Alex is the author of the Wall Street Journal bestseller Selling Boldly as well as The Revenue Growth Habit (selected as the sales book of the year by 800-CEO-Read) and Evangelist Marketing. He lives in the Chicago area with his wife and 10-year-old twins.
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
My Quest for the Best with Bill Ringle is the podcast for ambitious small business leaders.
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Contact Info for Alex Goldfayn
- Web address: www.goldfayn.com
- Travels from: Lake Forest, Illinois