David Dye, author of Courageous Cultures: How to Build Teams of Micro-Innovators, Problem Solvers, and Customer Advocates
David Dye and Bill Ringle discuss the strategies and tactics for designing a work culture for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Leaders who want their team to solve more problems or to bring more ideas need to provide clarity about where they’re headed and what matters most.
- Over time, solutions-focused leadership behaviors will shift the culture from safe silence to consistent contribution and give organizations a distinct competitive advantage over others who allow employees’ best ideas to remain hidden.
- Building a culture of consistent contribution takes time, but with a deliberate focus on your leadership development and systems, you can help managers feel confident to ask and reluctant employees feel more comfortable to share.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- David talks about Gary Pratt, one of his first scout masters, and how Gary supported and challenged David. [1:40]
- David shares how Gary made it cool to make and keep commitments. [3:02]
- David discusses what is courage from the workplace from your perspective. [6:26]
- How courage in the organization can help and be implemented during the pandemic lockdown. [8:59]
- How do we start the conversation and help leaders to adjust into the “new normal.” [13:46]
- David explains how to navigate the narrative. [15:26]
- He discusses how to cultivate a communicative culture of solution-focused problem solvers. [19:04]
- Micro innovations explained. [26:01]
- How candor matters in creating a strong work relationship and culture. [28:05]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins. [32:10]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Author and international keynote speaker David Dye gives leaders the roadmap they need to transform results.
David works with leaders around the world who want to achieve breakthrough results without losing their soul (or mind) in the process.
He gets it because he’s been there: a former executive and elected official, David has over two decades of experience leading teams, building organizations, and working with Boards of Directors to transform their effectiveness. He is the award-winning author of 2 books: Winning Well: A Manager’s Guide to Getting Results Without Losing Your Soul and The Seven Things Your Team Needs to Hear You Say.
David has a BA in Political Science from the University of Colorado and a Masters Degree in Management from Regis University.
He and his wife, Karin Hurt, are dedicated to their philanthropic initiative, Winning Wells, which provides clean water wells to communities struggling with access to safe water throughout Southeast Asia.
David lives outside of Washington, DC. He loves the meditation of a hiking trail, the reward of high mountain peaks, and is proud of the impact his children are having around the world.
Contact Info for David Dye
Web address: http://LetsGrowLeaders.com
Travels from: Laurel, Maryland