Atta Tarki, author of Evidence-Based Recruiting: How to Build a Company of Star Performers Through Systematic and Repeatable Hiring Practices
Atta Tarki and Bill Ringle discuss evidence-based recruiting methods and practices for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- It’s not about having the right strategy or the right operating model alone – you have to have the best talent onboard.
- Employing a fresh approach to hiring can enable an organization to do things both better and differently to beat the competition.
- You will find better candidates by recruiting individuals who derive satisfaction from other aspects of the work than the compensation alone.
Show Notes from this Episode
- Atta describes how reading George Orwell’s perspectives on how an ideology (Communist Russia) intent on doing so much good, go so wrong. [1:32]
- He described how extraordinary impact matters. [4:32]
- Atta’s perspectives on recruiting high-stakes top executives [6:05]
- What high-level poker players and well-hired executives have in common. [7:21]
- Thoughts on forming an effective hiring committee, following the “money ball” approach to recruiting [8:49]
- How to determine if a potential employee has a high ethical standard. [12:17]
- Contrasting antiquated hiring methods vs. evidence-based hiring methods. [15:01]
- Atta discussed traits of extraordinary candidates. [19:50]
- He advises to hire missionaries not mercenaries. [20:54]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins. [30:04]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Atta Tarki is the author of Evidence-Based Recruiting: How to Build a Company of Star Performers Through Systematic and Repeatable Hiring Practices (McGraw-Hill; February 7, 2020).
He is also CEO and Managing Director of ECA, a 120-person specialized executive search firm. He leads ECA’s Private Equity and Venture Capital practice, where he supports PE-owned, VC-owned and other high growth companies with filling C-level positions.
Prior to founding ECA, Atta spent six years as a management consultant at L.E.K. Consulting.
Contact Info for Atta Tarki
Travels from: Santa Monica, CA