Atta Tarki, author of Evidence-Based Recruiting: How to Build a Company of Star Performers Through Systematic and Repeatable Hiring Practices
Atta Tarki and Bill Ringle discuss evidence-based recruiting methods and practices for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- It’s not about having the right strategy or the right operating model alone – you have to have the best talent onboard.
- Employing a fresh approach to hiring can enable an organization to do things both better and differently to beat the competition.
- You will find better candidates by recruiting individuals who derive satisfaction from other aspects of the work than the compensation alone.
Show Notes from this Episode
- Atta describes how reading George Orwell’s perspectives on how an ideology (Communist Russia) intent on doing so much good, go so wrong. [1:32]
- He described how extraordinary impact matters. [4:32]
- Atta’s perspectives on recruiting high-stakes top executives [6:05]
- What high-level poker players and well-hired executives have in common. [7:21]
- Thoughts on forming an effective hiring committee, following the “money ball” approach to recruiting [8:49]
- How to determine if a potential employee has a high ethical standard. [12:17]
- Contrasting antiquated hiring methods vs. evidence-based hiring methods. [15:01]
- Atta discussed traits of extraordinary candidates. [19:50]
- He advises to hire missionaries not mercenaries. [20:54]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins. [30:04]
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Atta Tarki is the author of Evidence-Based Recruiting: How to Build a Company of Star Performers Through Systematic and Repeatable Hiring Practices (McGraw-Hill; February 7, 2020).
He is also CEO and Managing Director of ECA, a 120-person specialized executive search firm. He leads ECA’s Private Equity and Venture Capital practice, where he supports PE-owned, VC-owned and other high growth companies with filling C-level positions.
Prior to founding ECA, Atta spent six years as a management consultant at L.E.K. Consulting.
Contact Info for Atta Tarki
Travels from: Santa Monica, CA