Michael Huggins, author of Going Om: A CEO’s Self-Discovery Behind Bars
Michael Huggins and Bill Ringle discuss the decisions and habits developed to build a stronger character and a bigger future under adverse circumstances.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- With the right perspective, adversity evolves into wisdom.
- Determine what’s the overall culture of the company when it comes to adversity: fight or flight.
- As a business leader, we really don’t take the time to understand what other obligations are imposed upon us.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Michael describes how his father’s dedication to his family was a source of strength and security growing up. [1:18]
- As a WWII veteran, Michael’s father had a strong sense of duty, a value which guided him to create an environment for his family to have a happy and enjoyable life. [2:15]
- What’s your perspective on the role of being a responsible corporate officer and how people should view it? [4:24]
- He talks about what people should look for and investigate their culture in supporting a proper level of responsibility in their business [7:34]
- What is your lowest point during this part of your life? [13:50]
- Shares how he navigates through the experience of being imprisoned and his positive mindset [15:44]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [18:38]
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Mike Huggins is a Wharton MBA graduate, CPA and former COO who ran a $2 billion business but ended up going to prison for as Responsible Corporate Officer misdemeanor for illegal activities that occurred under his watch but which he didn’t’ know about. He’s the author of Going Om – A CEO’s Self-Discovery Behind Bars (released on January 15, 2020)
Coming out of prison he turned down lucrative job offers and started the Transformation Yoga Project, a non-profit organization, and goes back into prisons working with incarcerated men to provide practical tools for them to help navigate life’s challenges both inside prison and when they are released back into the community.
Contact Info for Michael Huggins
Web address: goingombook.com
Travels from: Avondale, PA