David Benjamin, co-author of Cracking Complexity: The Breakthrough Formula for Solving Just About Anything Fast
David Benjamin and Bill Ringle discuss the ideas and applications of the Cracking Complexity method for solving complex problem solving for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- Complex issues can be solved in a matter of days, not months, not years, a time frame supported by the authors’ research and practice over three decades.
- Conventional approaches to problem-solving typically rely on small groups of smart people cloistered away tasked with deciding the best way forward.
- We need a new approach to complex problems that allow us to co-create in large groups.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Benjamin shares’ who’s someone who influenced or inspired him. [01:52]
- Can you remember a time early in your career where you drew strength and inspiration and made a decision based on these influences. [04:09]
- How do you define a problem with this approach? [05:01]
- How do you get interested in complex problem-solving? [06:38]
- Can you describe some key differences that stand out. [07:56]
- Is there an example of an organization or a leader that you worked with that has an issue where they came to the realization that they need to crack their own complexity? [15:33]
- What is it that leads him to realize that he had identified a larger problem and in order to solve it, it wasn’t going to take a revolutionary approach? [17:20]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins. [22:01]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
David regularly guides leaders and their teams through their application of the formula, helping them get to decisions and action in days, no matter the industry, type of challenge, or nature of the organization. In this capacity, David has become a trusted advisor to Fortune 500 companies and government leaders on how to organize for complexity and find traction in the face of the intractable.
He frequently speaks on a wide range of topics related to complexity, effective and efficient problem-solving, and human dynamics in systems.
David spends most of the rest of his time and energy on writing, family, long-distance running and cracking cryptic crosswords.
David and his wife, Angie, live near Toronto and have three incredibly talented daughters whom he loves equally.
Contact Info for David Benjamin
Web address: www.syntegritygroup.com
Travels from: Austin, TX
Social Media Links: