Stu Heinecke, author of Get the Meeting!: An Illustrative Contact Marketing Playbook
Stu Heinecke and Bill Ringle discuss ideas and examples from “Get the Meeting!” for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- Contact marketing is a way of connecting that gets attention, stands out by expressing care and interest in the prospect.
- Cartoons double email open rates and “keep them opening.
- We won’t go anywhere if we don’t believe we are worthy of going somewhere.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Stu learned from his mentors Gahan Allen Wilson and Eldon Dedini, cartoonists at Playboy. [01:16]
- When Stu reached out to them and made contact. [02:27]
- How can a cartoonist create funds? Cite examples. [05:03]
- A memorable auction that hje participated in. [06:06]
- Stu expands on the utility of single panel cartoons for contact marketing. [08:05]
- A takeaway for readers to apply in their business. [09:30]
- The mindset requirements in order to do business with Gannett/USA Today. [10:20]
- Elevating the refrigerator door clipping to a highly effective business process. [11:35]
- Using digital technology to research and support contact marketing will succeed in attracting the attention of the VIP because we are all people at the end of the day. [26:29]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [29:10]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Dubbed by the American Marketing Association the “Father of Contact Marketing,”
Stu is also the founder of Cartoonists.org, a group of WSJ and New Yorker cartoonists who donate their art to help charities raise funds.
Contact Info for Stu Heinecke
Web address: http://www.stuheinecke.com/
Travels from: Freeland, WA