Amanda Setili, author of The Agility Advantage
Amanda Setili and Bill Ringle discuss The Agility Advantage: How to Identify and Act on Opportunities in a Fast-Changing World for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Agility as the ability to see what’s going on in the marketplace, anticipate what might happen next and capitalize on finding a way to create something good on whatever changes that’s coming at you.
- The faster and more surprising the change, the greater the advantage for companies that respond quickly.
- Marketplace changes create new opportunities for us to surge ahead of competitors.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- She shares how Mrs. Tidwell, her fourth-grade teacher, sparked Amanda’s curiosity in science through designing and conducting chicken egg experiments. [1:20]
- Amanda recalls a time when that boldness and curiosity that her mentor taught her had influenced her life. [2:22]
- Defining what agility is in the context of business change. [4:42]
- Amanda explains capitalizing on change [5:15]
- Identifying an opportunity that’s worth pursuing. [7:18]
- How she helps companies find ways to take advantage of the opportunities and to not sit in the decision making process too long. [9:15]
- Examples of how she set some metrics for learning and the value of achieving that learning goal. [11:19]
- Subtle ways that the roles of creativity and agility are closely intertwined. [12:43]
- Using data to analyze the market. [16:01]
- Examples of symptoms that a corporate leader might be experiencing that would indicate a need for greater agility. [19:07]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [22:11]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Amanda Setili is president of strategy consulting firm Setili & Associates. An internationally acclaimed expert on strategic agility®, she gives her clients—including Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, Delta Air Lines, The Home Depot, UPS and Walmart—unbiased and laser-clear advice on how to respond quickly and intelligently to a changing marketplace.
Setili has advised organizations in industries as diverse as consumer and industrial products, financial services, technology, non-profit, and retail. Her work has taken her throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
Before starting Setili & Associates, she served as director of marketing for Global Food Exchange, consulted for McKinsey & Company (where she planted seeds that became the firm’s Kuala Lumpur office), served as chief operating officer of Malaysia’s leading Internet services company, and developed products and optimized manufacturing operations for Kimberly-Clark.
Setili is author of Fearless Growth: The New Rules to Stay Competitive, Foster Innovation, and Dominate Your Markets (Career Press, 2017) and The Agility Advantage, How to Identify and Act On Opportunities in a Fast-Changing World (Jossey-Bass, 2014).
Setili served as an adjunct professor at Emory’s Goizueta Business School. She earned her degree in chemical engineering from Vanderbilt, and her MBA, with distinction, from the Harvard Business School. She is past president and board chair of the Harvard Business School Club of Atlanta.
Contact Info for Amanda Setili
Web address: https://setili.com/
Travels from: Atlanta, Georgia
Social Media Links: