Donna Marks, author of Exit the Maze – One Addiction, One Cause, One Cure
Donna Marks and Bill Ringle discuss the common symptoms and issues relating to addictive behaviors that all small business leaders need to know.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top Take-Aways from this Interview
- Addiction is something you are doing in spite of negative consequences: suffering, financial loss, destroyed relationships, physical impairment, etc.
- All addictions are merely a substitute for love. A person who is full of love will have no desire to substitute addiction for love.
- Business owner addictions are commonly related to gambling, drinking, or pornography.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Donna Marks shares how her grandmother’s support of her family’s welding business was an early positive role model. [01:19]
- She defines addiction based on her work and research. [03:44]
- What are some of the causes that you think are common for business owners and the harm they’re doing? [04:40]
- What is the threshold that crosses from something that you do occasionally or is already an addiction? [05:15]
- Shares what are some of the addictions for women? [08:35]
- What’s the one cure that you advocate in the book? [09:01]
- What are the common misconceptions about Freud relating to this area? [11:20]
- Why is it important for us to be aware of the addiction is in our lives and what should we do about it? [12:21]
- She shares some books and resources about addiction [16:15]
- What should someone consider and do once you feel like you need to get some help? [16:35]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Dr. Donna Marks, is a psychoanalyst, licensed addictions counselor, author, consultant, public speaker, and an instructor of A Course in Miracles, in Palm Beach, Florida.
For over 30 years, she has helped thousands of people break patterns of addiction.
Her second book Exit the Maze – One Addiction, One Cause, One Cure, explains why the current treatment models have failed and how addiction can be healed and even prevented. It is her mission to save 1 million lives by 2030.
Contact Info for Dr. Donna Marks
Web address: www.drdonnamarks.com
Travels from: West Palm Beach, FL
Social Media Links:
Books Authored by Dr. Donna Marks
Resources Mentioned During the Interview