Micah Solomon, author of Ignore Your Customers (and They’ll Go Away)
Micah Solomon and Bill Ringle discuss how to mine the valuable insights your customers share without letting them hurt you or your people for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Customer service is the new marketing. Positive or negative, it’s what determines the public’s impression of your company more than ever before.
- If you neglect your customers, it’s probably going to hurt you more than it hurts them.
- Make it clear from the first days of an employee’s tenure that the way things are done around here is with customer-focused flexibility.
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Micah shared who inspired him [1:27]
- What does top customer service looked like and why is it rare today? [2:35]
- Micah talks about participatory customer service [03:40]
- Can you give an example of a company that provides participatory customer service? [04:18]
- Micah discusses if it’s expensive to provide excellent customer service [09:48]
- What are some other things that business leaders can do to differentiate themselves from their competitors? [12:13]
- Talks about timeliness apropos excellent customer service experience [17:01]
- How does successful companies deal with the cliff of satisfaction? [17:40]
- What’s some insight or advise you can offer to ask better questions or events to have an opportunity to ask customers if something went well [24:45]
- How can you use social media to extend your customer service? [26:01]
Micah Solomon delivers his expertise on customer service, the customer experience, consumer trends, hospitality, and company culture to major companies.
He is a consultant, keynote speaker, trainer, and training designer on these subjects, and the author of several books including Ignore Your Customers (And They’ll Go Away): The Simple Playbook for Delivering the Ultimate Customer Service Experience.
Company leaders call on Micah to mystery shop and transform their company’s customer service and bottom-line results — and he is known as “the customer service turnaround expert.”
Contact Info for Micah Solomon
Web address: www.micahsolomon.com
Travels from: Seattle, WA
Social Media Links: