Tamsin Astor, PhD, author of Force of Habit: Unleash Your Power by Developing Great Habits
Tamsin Astor and Bill Ringle discuss Force of Habit: Unleash Your Power by Developing Great Habits for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- We make 35,000 decisions per day.
- Having the right habits in place it will serve us rather than detract from our progress.
- Going to yoga once a week, starting a meditation practice, or journaling about how we feel every morning are simple ways to tune in to our body’s language.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Tamsin tells about her inspiration and how these events influenced her to connect to her potential. [01:21]
- What’s an example of advice she shared with you? [03:05]
- Can you think of a moment in your twenties when that advice served you? [04:37]
- What else can you offer as an insight into whet we need to be thinking about in terms of using our mindset? [05:31]
- Tamsin shares her experience transitioning from Great Britaian to the United States. [08:40]
- Do you recognize what Yoga gave you at that point in your life? [11:20]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round [23:20]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Tamsin Astor, PhD is the founder and Chief Habit Scientist of Yoga Brained Coaching. She is known for giving her clients the tools to shift their mindset, organize their vision, and improve their habits to create an efficient, productive business. We make 35,000 decisions every day, which leads to decision fatigue. Dr. Astor helps her clients reduce the amount of overwhelming decision-making they do by harnessing their goal-achieving machine, aka, their brains.
Prior to coaching, Tamsin was an academic and then a consultant, using yoga and meditation to support children and therapists, and teachers and students, on the ADHD and autism spectrum and in struggling inner-city schools.
In addition to her coaching and consulting practice, Dr. Astor is an avid traveler and foodie taking her three kids to Brazil, France, England, Amsterdam, Japan, Costa Rica and beyond.
Tamsin Astor holds a PhD in neuroscience and psychology and a post-doctorate in education. She also has certifications in yoga (RYT500, Yoga Ed.), mindset & Ayurveda (Living Ayurveda, Yoga Health Coach).
She is an executive coach and author of the book Force of Habit: Unleash Your Power by Developing Great Habits.
Contact Info for Tamsin Astor, Phd.
Web address: TamsinAstor.com
Travels from: Cleveland, OH
Social Media Links: