Paul White, author of the 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace
Paul White and Bill Ringle discuss 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- Job satisfaction is a key factor of employee retention and organizational success.
- Effective appreciation and recognition must be tailored and delivered personally and must be relevant and valuable to the individual.
- Leaders must remember that our team members, our employees, are PEOPLE – they’re not just work/production units. If we just focus on tasks and productivity, we’re most likely not going to have a healthy workplace and a healthy team.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Paul tells about his inspiration and how they influenced him to connect to his potential. [1:43]
- When you met with Dr. Chapman, did you pitch this book initially or he immediately saw the applicability of it? What is your green light to establish this collaborative venture? [05:14]
- Do most managers think that others acts like themselves so if they prefer words of appreciation to directors and colleagues do as well? [07:23]
- Use the language of appreciation valued by the recipient. [07:30]
- It is a challenge for some leaders, for some more than others to realize that not everybody feels appreciated as they do…and they should [07:47]
- Research confirms that 65% of workers say they have received no recognition or appreciation in the past 12 months. Paul shared that changing somebody else just doesn’t work, and we need to learn that…Our language of our appreciation are formed early in life [9:35]
- Individuals desire appreciation from their supervisor, but colleagues showing authentic appreciation to one another can also be a powerful part of a recognition program. [9:45]
- What are the some of the positive benefits of the language of appreciation? [11:01]
- What are the symptoms that a workplace is illiterate using the 5 languages of Appreciation in the Workplace? [13:18]
- Paul asserts that a leader should realize that other types of actions can be more impactful than words for many people. [33:03]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
My Quest for the Best with Bill Ringle is the podcast for ambitious small business leaders.
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Dr. Paul White is an author, speaker and psychologist, who helps “make work relationships work.”
He created and developed The Motivating By Appreciation Inventory, Appreciation at Work Implementation Kit, and The Toxic Workplace Prevention & Repair Kit that helped many workplaces to become an environment full with positivism and grow towards health.
Dr. White is called upon as an expert resource by U.S. News & World Report (online), BusinessWeek, Entrepreneur.com, Fast Company, Fortune/CNN.com , FoxBusiness.com, Huffington Post LIVE, Chicago Tribune, and BizJournals.
Contact Info for Paul White
Web address: https://www.appreciationatwork.com/
Travels from: Wichita, KS
Social Media Links: