Zac Logsdon, author of Winning is Not a Strategy
Zac Logsdon and Bill Ringle discuss methods and advice that are applicable to not only sports but any industry looking to increase traffic at their events and venues.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- Engagement through athletic events is one of the biggest problems that college athletic directors and administrators struggle to solve.
- Unsurprisingly, social media and the proliferation of college sports broadcasts have lowered in-person fan attendance at college sporting events – but through smart moves, some programs are bucking this trend.
- Treating your product (“college sports events” in this case) the right way leads to greater levels of success.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Zac tells us how his parents inspired him to build his own business. [1:54]
- “My favorite thing is to build things, fix things.” [3:54 ]
- Aspects of the sports industries are declining. Zac tells us why and how. [5:03]
- “You don’t think about what you are losing [by not attending events live].” [7:30]
- Why does watching a sport in person is a “type of emotion” rather than watching it on TV. Zac explains this phenomenon. [8:54]
- Zack explains how family members are being siloed even though they live under the same roof. [10:33]
- “We should not wait for our product to get better and sell itself. ” [13:48 ]
- Zac tells us what we should do to introduce people to new ways of thinking to help people change perspective about what our product. [17:16]
- “If you want to sell more season tickets that’s where you hit em – stop trying to create mini packs.” [22:27]
- “Look at your data because data doesn’t lie.” [23:06]
- The My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [31:44]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Zac Logsdon is CEO and founder of Old Hat, a strategic marketing company specializing in the sports and entertainment industry. Over the past two decades, he has worked with more than 150 sports and entertainment organizations to help drive attendance to their events and venues and improve the experience for fans and attendees.
Zac has successfully run Old Hat Creative for more than 15 years, having grown it from one employee with one client to employing nearly a hundred people (combined) over that period and partnering with nearly every major collegiate athletic program in the nation along with multiple professional organizations.
Additionally, Zac has written two books on the topic of sports and/or entertainment marketing. The first, If Not for Athletics, is a collection of inspirational stories from athletics administrators around the nation about times when they witnessed the true power and impact athletics can provide.
Recently, Zac published his second book, Winning is Not a Strategy: A Game-Changing Approach to Driving Attendance, which is a guide for those charged with reversing the trend of declining attendance at sporting events. While focused on athletics, his second book contains methods and advice that are applicable to any industry looking to increase traffic at their events and venues.
Zac also hosts two podcasts based on his books. The first, Stop the Clock, retells inspirational sports stories in the words of those who lived them. And the Winning is Not a Strategy podcast poses a weekly question that is addressed by experts in the athletics industry.
Contact Info for Zac Logsdon
Web address: www.oldhatcreative.com
Travels from: Norman, OK
Social Media Links