Owner of The Get To Principle, LLC
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
- The significance of the Dalai Lama’s advice that the purpose of life is to find happiness.
- What happens when you start thinking in terms of “I get to” instead of “I have to.”
- What an Indian man who lived in a 10 x 10 home with his wife and four children taught Ted about happiness.
- What happened when a successful Tampa real estate agent started applying the “Get To” principles.
- What matters to celebrities like Jon Bon Jovi when it comes to happiness.
- Ted’s 15 minute daily morning practice that strengthens his mindset and creates a blueprint for success.
[thrive_accordion_group title=”Interview Insights”][thrive_accordion title=”Click to Read the Show Notes” no=”1/1″ default=”no”]
1:49 How Ted’s parents passed onto him the ethic of “getting out and doing things.”
2:58 [Paraphrasing the Dalai Lama] – “The purpose of life, I believe, is to find happiness.”
3:28 “When you make the choice to be happy, it’s really powerful.”
4:25 The benefits of smiling more often.
5:30 The “30 second rule” of changing your mindset.
5:49 [The Get To Mantra] – “You say, ‘I get to do this,’ you smile, and then you do what you’re going to do.’”
7:08 The essential difference in mindset between “I have to” and “I get to.”
10:15 Why the kind of happiness Ted refers to isn’t a “Polyanna” kind of happiness.
13:08 How Ted’s experiences traveling through India helped him shape his worldview.
14:59 “When I deliberate about saying ‘I get to do this,’ the more in control I am of my life.”
15:49 “We all have our level of frustration and things like that, but we do have the choice.”
17:28 Ted recounts his work with Bon Jovi, and what it was like to get through the trust barrier.
18:49 “We’re born and then we die, and in between we get to do this thing called life.”
20:09 The point of the mindful movement.
21:43 [Ted describes his 3 month executive coaching process.] – “It helps take people from this mundane [mindset] or just going through the motions and brings them up to really experiencing life.”
22:30 Case study of a Florida business man who just wasn’t getting the most out of life.
23:45 [On writing Get To Be Happy] – “I had the best time.”
25:24 “I learned that just being focused and dedicated to something for 30 minutes a day, you can get a lot done.”
28:15 Ted’s daily exercise for staying happy and productive.
For more information, visit Ted Larkins’ Website
Contact Info for Ted Larkins
Web address: http://www.tedlarkins.com
Travels from: Costa Meza, CA
Phone: (818) 261-8262